On Sep 4, 10:00 am, kazaam <kaz... / oleco.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 00:52:57 +0900
>
> Daniel Berger <djber... / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dir["fglrx*"].each{ |file| File.delete(file) }
>
> that's pretty much the same like: system('rm -f fglrx*') but I'm asking why one doesn't allow regexpr into File.exists?

Probably because most people wouldn't find it intuitive, there's
already easy alternatives, and there doesn't seem to be any desire for
it among the Ruby community in general. You're the first person to
request it that I've seen.

>From a development point of view, it's not only more maintenance, but
also a slipperly slope towards having to review every other boolean
File method.

Regards,

Dan