Phlip wrote:
> Arlen Christian Mart Cuss wrote:
>
>> I have no idea about masers? :) But I still am a kid, so...
>
> The data bus on your 'puter generally works in cleartext. Its clock
> turns it into a tiny little oscillating antenna, with a faint signature.
> A maser is a focused radar that can read this signature.
Erm...  no.  A maser is a low-frequency laser; see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maser.  You're thinking of TEMPEST.  Again,
refer to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TEMPEST for details.  You
don't need much focussing to do it - certainly not radar-level synthetic
aperture, although I'm sure you'd want to do it that way if bulk data
capture (or particularly long-range operation) was the goal...

--
Alex