Devi Web Development wrote:
> I don't know who would make this sort of decision, but could we put
> [RubyTalk] or [Ruby] or something at the beginning of all messages? It's a
> fairly common practice on listserves.

> Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney
> Devi Web Development
> Devi.WebMaster / gMail.com

Quoting http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/#s3-19 :

     It would increase the size of the Subject: line. This is a problem,
as it limits the amount of useful information that can be seen in the
Subject: line, making it harder to scan through a list of subject lines
looking for interesting subjects.

Mail can easily be filtered based on the "To:" line. This list has too
much volume not to be filtered (probably by everyone that uses it), so I
don't see an advantage to adding [Ruby]. Further, I don't want to give
up even six (really seven) characters that we can use to express
ourselves. Thoughts?

Dan