Gavin Kistner wrote:
> Larry Fast wrote:
>> Ruby.org's copy of Pragmantic Programmer is different (older?) than phrogz.
> ...but I think the source file is likely the same.

Hmmm. On the Language page in particular, phrogz version is very
different.  The ruby-doc and ruby-central versions seem to be the same.
The Language page stops after:
     Variables and Constants
     Scope of Variables and Constants
     ---end of page---
     Next link goes to Classes and Objects

But in phrogz version Variables and Constants appears at the 1/3 mark on
the page.  Also the index interface is completely different.  Phrogz
copy goes on to list
     Predefined Variables (the very next section)
     Expressions
     Method Definition
     Class Definition
     Module Definition
     Access Control
     Blocks, Closures & Procs
     Exceptions
     ---end of page---
     Next link goes to Classes and Objects - same as the other copies

>> This link:http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/language.html#predefinedvariables
>> takes me to the right page but the #... didn't work.
I went back and it worked this time. Must have been Gremlins :-o

Thanks for mentioning $LOAD_PATH, Olivier.  Googling it turned up
multiple hits but none in any 'standard' Ruby sites. Searching on
ruby-lang.org came up blank as well. Like sooo many things it's
community knowledge.

Thank you again,
Larry