----- Original Message -----
From: "Michel Cabili" <michel.cabili / gmail.com>

> That seems a fair solution. Although I'm not that deep into Ruby yet, I
> saw some links concerning creating extensions for Ruby... but in C.
> There must be something equivalent for C++...
>
> That means that when I create for instance my extension (let's say
> "funky_extension"), the file concerning the extension will be compiled
> therefore obfuscated? Is that what you're talking about?

Yes. But...

In general, asking how to obfuscate code so others can't steal it is
"solution probleming". It's just appeasing clue-impaired investors who think
their investment will return nothing if someone "steals" the code, re-skins
it, and publishes it as an alternate solution.

This is self-aggrandizing. The problem of people going crazy trying to steal
your software is a problem most ISVs would dearly love to have. And studies
have shown that competitors generally don't _want_ to use your code, when
they can see it. The code is only useful to you.

An investor's money goes to building a team and a system to create, test,
deploy, and market that code. This _system_ is what a competitor needs, and
it's very hard to steal it.

So, write lots of unit tests, and don't publish them. The code's source will
be useless!

--
  Phlip
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/