> Do you have any guess as to when you might release the
> first version of FXRuby with the simplified api?

FXRuby version 0.99.180 (released this morning) includes these changes.

> I guess my second question would be either:
> 1. When might that version become part of a Ruby for
> Windows install?
> 2. Would your new code be available as some .rb files that
> one could distrubute with their app, but which would work
> on top of the existing Ruby for Windows distribution?

Andy's working on an update for the Ruby 1.6.5 installer and it's possible that we could roll this latest release of FXRuby into that. I'll let him make that call. I'm not sure I understand the second part of the question, but the Windows installer for FXRuby (available for download from the FXRuby SourceForge project page) is designed to install over the FXRuby that's bundled with the Pragmatic Programmers' distribution as a drop-in replacement.