James Gray wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Joop Van den tillaart wrote:
>
>> I have a 'problem' which I cannot solve using spreadsheet software
>> like
>> Excel.
>
> Neat problem.
>
> Are you wanting us to solve it for you, or help you solve it?  I'll
> hope it's the latter and try doing that.

Okay it's a little bit of both...I'm not asking for a total solution on
the one hand but on the other hand...I have very little expiernce in
programming let alone in working with ruby...So it will be very hard for
me to come with a (pretty) detailed piece of program which has to be
tweaked to do what I want.

Hower thanks very much for your reply and I hope others (or you
yourself) take the time to think about this problem and come with ideas
or small pieces of code.

For now I'll dive into your ideas and I am looking forward to other
ideas and/or input from the people on this forum!

Thanks!