Jeremy Woertink wrote:

>> I guess Ruby just isn't really ready for making a game in a really
>> lazy Ruby way.
>> Back to the Torque game engine I guess, with its strange C# glue coding.
>> At least it's more useable, even though I will eventually have to buy
>> a license for it.
>> Either that or learn Java or Python (pygame).
>> Pygame has a lot kinder installer, of course it's been around a lot
>> longer.
>>

> Vampire the masquerade bloodlines has a ton of Python in it. If you know
> python, you can hack that game like it's cool! I don't know python, but
> as for ruby... There is Shattered Ruby that's been in production. It's
> pretty cool, still needs a lot of work, but it would be nice to see more
> people trying it out and helping with the bug, maybe get the development
> on it moving a bit quicker.
>
> http://www.shatteredruby.com/
>

> check it out.
>

> ~Jeremy
>
> --

To compare Python and Ruby would be like comparing C++ and Java respectively
(IMHO). Python is a good language for many things but I've always found the
documentation rather dull but rather good if you can follow it.

Ruby for ever... :-)

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com