On Aug 29, 7:48 am, Hema Latha <hema_asp... / yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the difference between Distributed ruby and rinda?
> --

Rinda uses Distributed Ruby (DRb) in its Tuplespace implementation.
That being said, you can use DRb without using Rinda.  I view DRb as
similar to many other languages' remoting frameworks; Corba, JINI,
Httpinvoker, etc.  The main advantage is that DRb has a lower barrier
to entry.

I have no experience with other tuplespace implementations but I've
heard it was originally based off a java project called Linda.
Playing around with Rinda actually helped me in understanding Erlang's
process 'mail boxes', which I find quite similar.