> Hi,
>
> In message "[ruby-talk:02651] Append alias for Array.append?"
>     on 00/05/09, Aleksi Niemel=E4 <aleksi.niemela / cinnober.com> writes:
>
> |Some reason there's no Array.append? Or, let me rephrase, should there exi=
> st
> |append as an alias to push.
>
> Python's append works like this.
>
>   a =3D []
>   a.append(1,2,3)
>   a  #=3D> [(1,2,3)]
>
> Do you think it's OK for append to be alias to push?
>
> 							matz.

Actually, the reason python's append works like that is deprecated hysterical
raisons, and in 1.6 multi-argument append is illegal (to the dismay of some
who relied on it).

python uses an append/pop pair, but I think ruby's push/pop pair is more
logical (python didn't have a pop until recently).  It's possible append could
be aliased to push as a crutch for pythoneers with trained fingers, but ruby
is a different language anyway, and IMHO learning a few new method names isn't
so bad.

Oh, and on the subject of Japanese names (way off-topic, I know...), what is
the customary "calling convention" in spoken language?  Is it the same as
written?  I'm never sure whether to call first name or last name, I figured
since I'm speaking in english they must be used to first-last, but I'm too shy
to just ask... :)