Dan Zwell wrote:
> Nick Sch wrote:
>> Sorry if double posting is breaking a rule here, but I think I found how
>> to do it.  Then I ran into another problem.  It says permission denied.
>
> Prefix a command with "sudo" to elevate your permissions before the
> command is run. The system may prompt you for your password. That is,
> run "sudo ruby setup.rb". And I don't think double posting is ever a
> problem, if someone has something important to add to the last email
> they sent. By the way, this is a mailing list, and ruby-forum is just a
> frontend.
>
> Regards,
> Dan

I think it is also linked to the comp.lang.ruby newsgroup, so that what ever
goes out to the forum, mailing list, or newsgroup *mostly* gets distributed to
all the others. Suitable posting guidelines for this list can probably be
found here:

< http://hypermetrics.com/rubyhacker/clrFAQ.html#tag22 >

Personally, I wouldn't worry about double posting as long as the message is
purposeful to the thread rather then wasteful or is done many times in
succession.

Cheers

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com