list. rb wrote:
> I've used SciTE for quite some time now and have become addicted to the
> indentation guides:
> I.e. http://people.mosaix.net/chris/images/scite-lines.png
>
> 1)  Are there any other Ruby IDE's that offer this feature other than
> Notepad++ & Scite? I like Aptana but this feature is non-existent.
>
> 2)  Also, I know lots of Ruby devs are once-java devs. I also do Java
> development and am similarly looking for a Java IDE that also has
> indentation guides. Any suggestions here?
>
> I've google'd the topic many times but 'Indentation Guides' isn't doing the
> trick. Is there another name for it?  I can't leave SciTE without this
> feature!
>
> Thanks in advance

Vim or Emacs can probably be made to, ether by an internal setting or an
extension of some sort. It's been some time since I've used it but I think
Kate provides such a feature using dots:

// I think this is how Kate can be made to show indentation, google'd C++ code.
int
partition( int left, int right ) {

.        int first=left, pivot=right
.        while( left <= right ) {
.        .        while( a[left] < a[pivot] ) {
.        .        .        left++;
.        .        }
.        .        while( (right >= first) && (a[right] >= a[pivot]) ) {
.        .        .        right
.        .        }
.        .        if ( left < right ) {
.        .        .        swap( left, right );
.        .        .        left++;
.        .        }
.        }
.        if ( left != pivot ) {
.        .        swap( left, pivot );
.        return left;
}

But don't quote me, I haven't used Kate in ages.

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com