Nick Nick wrote:
> Which programming language is faster - Ruby or Java?
>
> This is one of the things that will decide whether I use Ruby or Java so
> help is appreciated greatly.
>
> Thanks.

Java is much faster than Ruby (on average), and can now approach or even
match the speed of C in many cases. Of course, you'll spend more time
implementing those fast bits of code in Java.

I didn't look at all of the replies to the original note, but none of
the ones I did read mentioned JRuby. Worth checking out; use Ruby
(executed by the Java virtual machine) for the non-performance-critical
parts of your application, and Java for the parts that require speed.

Ken