I'm having a weird issue with Superclass Mismatches. I'm using
ActiveRecord in a project. The strange thing is that i'm getting
superclass mismatches the first time I even load a model. I've tried to
handle it gracefully, here is my example. this doens't work quite
correclty. what can I do to get around this?

      files = Dir.glob(MY_SERVICES + models_path)
      if files.empty? then return nil end
      catch(:loadfiles) do
        puts "LOADING FILES"
        begin
          $:.unshift(MY_SERVICES)
          files.each_with_index do |file,i|
            rf = files.slice(i)
            require rf
          end
          $:.shift
        rescue TypeError => e
          puts e.message
          puts files.inspect
          if e.message =~ /superclass mismatch/
            throw :loadfiles

Why would ActiveRecord have a fit like this? I don't alter the class
until a later point, I don't see wy a superclass mismatch would be
happening.

any ideas?