thomas.macklin / gmail.com wrote:
> If you don't mind removing duplicates, Sets are non-ordered, so you
> could do
> s = Set.new
> @all.each do |e| s.add(e) end
>
> That will be non-ordered, but duplicates will get stripped.
>
> Tom

Non-ordered isn't the same as randomized. Sets most certainly are
ordered, we (the non-ruby-core-developers) just don't know how. The
point is that they aren't guaranteed to be random. Try running the above
code and see--it results in the same ordering each time, regardless of
the order in which the elements are added. For some data sets, it will
probably appear more random than others.

Dan