-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Klemme [mailto:shortcutter / googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 10:14 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Dir, recursive filescan

> one thing i noticed when using Dir[...] on large dirtrees i.e. C:/ruby
> i get a Permission denied =
>
> filescan.rb:21:in `read': Permission denied - C:/ruby/doc/Expat-1.95.8
> (Errno::EACCES)
>
> I think that's the reason you mentioned to use Find.find yor large
> dirtrees ?!

/*
Not exactly. My reasoning was that the Dir[] returns a large array
while Find invokes the block once per file found.

But your problem is related to error handling.  Dunno what Find does
here but the root cause of your issue is that you seem to not have
permissions for one of the directories.
*/

Hm, i regularly get those errors here, when doing dir related stuff.
I have all permissions as this is my local C: partition and i'm admin.
Maybe a windows only problem ?!

C:\WINNT\system32>ruby -v
ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]

Regards, Gilbert