Hi Phlip,
I don't know exactly what you mean. Normally --buildpkg is verbos-mode like, so when it fails it's normally printed on the screen. With the two methods mentioned above I also have output for progress and success/error on the screen. system() is not supressing any errors. They are normaly printed on the screen, so system() always makes verbose messages or do you mean something else?

greets

--
kazaam <kazaam / oleco.net>