On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Michael Davis wrote:

> I would like to find or create a parser for ANSI SQL.  I am looking at Racc
> but can't seem to understand how it works (I have no lex, flex, or bison
> experience).  Has anyone used Racc?  Does anyone have a parse file that is
> more complicated than calc.y that you would be willing to share with me?
>  Does anyone have a grammar file that is similar to ANSI SQL?  Is there any
> additional documentation other than what comes with Racc?  Any suggestions
> that would make this a little easier?

Buy the upcoming "Ruby developers guide"... ;-)

There is a chapter on Parsing and Parser generators for Ruby in
there. Covers Rockit and Racc and briefly mentions RBison.

But I guess you can find lots of good material on the web by searching for
Bison. And you have checked the Racc docs, right?

Regards,

Robert