REXML is a great package and is making it very easy for me to extract
data from web pages. However, I'm having trouble with extracting a file
string value from text nodes. My understanding from reading the API doc
is that saying something like

    p a_textnode.value

should print out the string value of the textnode with special character
entities back-substituted, eg. with " " put in place of " ".
However, I'm getting the XML-style value, i.e. I'm getting something like

     15.16

printed to the terminal, special character entities aren't being
substituted for.

Am I misinterpreting what .value does? Is there a better or other way to
do this?

Thanks,
Ken

P.S. Can anyone recommend a good XPath quick reference or summary?