> Remember that Ruby threads, being green threads, are all in the same
> process, so there is no actual concurrency of execution between them.  In
> most cases these threads will not increase your throughput.
>

> Kirk Haines

I've heard that Ruby 2.0 won't use Green Threads, so hopefully this will
change. I would assume the reason why Ruby uses Green Threads is to try and
maintain portability over efficientcy.

I should play with it, I've never tried Ruby for Multi-Threaded work. It Might
not be worth my time but learning some thing new would be fun.

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com