I think it interesting to observe how my simple, semi-technical questions
... uh, forked two children threads, so to speak -- one about language
bashing, the other about the merits of Unix vs. Windows vis a vis POSIX...

Why _does_ that always happen? I'm waiting now for the Vi vs. Emacs angle on
this discussion...

:)

Bob Calco