Jeremy Wells wrote:
> Doug Livesey wrote:
>> off in a command prompt will do (sadly, I work in Windows).
>> What I'm after, really, is advice on the best libraries to use, and
>> maybe pointers to tutorials that achieve the sort of thing that I'm
>> after.
>> Thanks in advance,
>>    Doug.
>>
> maybe you'd enjoy camping http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/camping/

Cheers for that -- I don't think (after a quick semi-peruse of the page)
that this is for writing web servers (that receive & send JSON, for
example, & never render to a screen).
Although please correct me if I'm wrong.
No, the app I have in mind could well become quite complex internally --
it's just a web service, not a web site.
Although, Camping does look rather cool!
Cheers again,
   Doug.