"Johann Hibschman" <johann / physics.berkeley.edu> wrote in message
news:mtd7253yup.fsf / physics.berkeley.edu...

>     Mike> Exactly the type of answers that would drive people away
>     Mike> from Ruby rather than to it.  Shame on you.  One of Ruby's
>     Mike> strengths is the community, and the fact that it hasn't yet
>     Mike> become the community that Perl and Python (to a lesser
>     Mike> degree) have.
>
> Just wait.  If Ruby becomes popular, the community will go downhill.
> c.l.python was great a few years ago.

Then we just create c.l.ruby.meta
Here we can have all the meta discussions about Ruby and related
technologies and reserve c.l.ruby to actual programming problems in the Ruby
language.
It is absurd that so many smart people spend so much time on a newsgroup
about a language that is so easy to understand. Yet this fact seems to be
the very reason that so many smart people spend so much time here.

MikkelFJ