Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) wrote:
> Hi guys. I'm in the process of migrating a ruby app from 1.8.5 to 1.8.6
> and noticed that the Time class seems to have changed.

I think the whole date implemetation was substituted by a new
implementation (date2), which isn't fully compatible to the old one. Now
Time#to_date, which is mixed in from file date.rb, is a private method.
You could __send__ :to_date to your Time object. I have now idea why it
is private now. Why aren't all three to_* methods defined in all Time,
Date, and DateTime classes? This would make converting between different
time objects much easier.

--
Florian Frank