On Aug 17, 4:00 pm, barjunk <barj... / attglobal.net> wrote:
> I've been browsing the Pragmatic Programmer book and was taken by the
> "learn something new" statement.
>
> Since parsers have always been interesting to me, I decided onracc.
>
> I put together a sample that I found on cmills.freesheel.org
> presentation and have put a copy of it here:
>
> http://pastie.caboo.se/88816
>
> Can any tell me why this  doesn't work?
>
> I'm using ruby 1.8.4 andraccversion 1.4.5.  Thanks for any guidance
> you might provide.
>
> Mike B.

Looks like I made a type on line 32 of the pastie.  It reads:

when /\A\S+/o

and should be:

when /\A\s+/o

Yikes! :)

Its surprising that there wasn't more conversation about this....is
there an elephant in the room that I can't see? :)

It seemed like everywhere I went to look for information about this, I
read "yacc/racc is hard".

If folks aren't using stuff like this, what do they use instead?

Mike B.