> > 1. I like the interactive console, a la IDLE and PythonWin. Mainly because
> > I'm prototyping as I go, I like to test things before I commit them to a
> > code in script. I know there's IRB, but it doesn't seem as robust on Win32
>
> I left an irb session running on my Win2k-notebook while I was working
> on our book draft and came up to command line 2734 without noticing something
> strange ... then holidays were over and I finally switched the thing off.

Well, just for the record. My irb sessions often ended prematurely on
the NT4 machine at my work. irb would often throw me out, sometimes
after only a few lines, without an error message -- the session just
ended. I never succeeded in pinpointing exactly when this occurred (that
is why I haven't reported it before). Now, I've quit that job, so I
don't have the problem anymore ;)

// Niklas