Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 22. Aug 2007, 06:35:32 +0900 schrieb doug meyer:
> I'm having some serious issues writing to a binary file. Can anyone
> give me a hand?
> And could I be having this problem because I'm trying to do this on a
> Linux machine?

I just repeat what I wrote this afternoon
(<http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/122170#544613>).

The distinction between "text" and "binary" is the archetype
misdesign in DOS and Windows. It means nothing more than
that in "text" mode line ends are translated from "\n" to
"\r\n" what is of no use but to disturb file positions and
string lengths. The only purpose of this is to detain
programmers from doing anything in a non-Microsoft way.
Anywhere else you don't need to care.

Sorry for the flame but that's the way it is.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany