Robert Klemme wrote:
> On 21.08.2007 17:27, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
>> My only complaint with Ruby tends to be that on Windows, it takes a
>> bit of time before the script loads.  But that said, the development
>> time with Ruby is fantastic and lets us achieve things very very fast!
>
> Did you consider that this might be due to the AV engine your shop uses?
>
>> It is likely that a lot of people are just using it on the side to
>> get things done quickly and then on to something else?
>
> I guess I fall into that category: my main work is Java and databases
> but I use Ruby frequently for things like evaluating log files,
> generating statistics from them etc.
>
> Kind regards
>
>     robert

Hi Robert,

The point regarding the AV is interesting.  We're using Symantec Norton
AV.  I've never looked at it closely because I started with Rails and
everyone on Rails-talk was complaining that Rails took ages on Windows.
So, I assumed that it was normal that a script took 4 - 6 seconds to
start.  Any pointers what I may be looking for here?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Mohit.
8/22/2007 | 12:34 AM.