TomRossi7 wrote:
> Okay, so it looks like getting the ole "breakpoint" working isn't
> going to happen.  Everyone seems to just push for making the switch
> over to "ruby-debug".  I've decided to go with the flow, but have to
> say that I feel like I'm giving up a lot.  The nice thing about a
> breakpoint was it dropped you into the IRB where you could interact
> with your code by entering in code that is immediately executed
> bringing back the results.  With ruby-debug, this doesn't seem
> possible.  Why aren't more people upset about the switch?  Am I
> missing something?

Just require 'ruby-debug' and you have the same functionality as you had
with breakpoint library.

You might use either 'debugger' call or old 'breakpoint' call (aliased
since ruby-debug 0.9.3) in your code.

If you do not want to write 'eval <expr>' (or just 'e <expr>') you might
you 'set autoeval'. Then just write <expr> in your code and it is
evaluated automatically.

breakpointer was deprecated also in Rails:

http://debug-commons.rubyforge.org/misc/ruby-debugging.html#breakpointer

Regards,
	m.