Okay, so it looks like getting the ole "breakpoint" working isn't
going to happen.  Everyone seems to just push for making the switch
over to "ruby-debug".  I've decided to go with the flow, but have to
say that I feel like I'm giving up a lot.  The nice thing about a
breakpoint was it dropped you into the IRB where you could interact
with your code by entering in code that is immediately executed
bringing back the results.  With ruby-debug, this doesn't seem
possible.  Why aren't more people upset about the switch?  Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Tom