Tim Hunter wrote:
> I've just purchased a new Intel-based iMac and installed Windows XP
> using VMware Fusion. Now I'd like to build a new RMagick-win32 gem. The
> instructions I have say that I must use Microsoft's VC++ Toolkit 2003.
> However, I see that that compiler is no longer available from MS and,
> from old ruby-lang posts, the 2005 version doesn't work as a replacement.

VC++ 8 should work fine. I've built Ruby successfully with it. The only
issue (that I've experienced) is the openssl library. If that's not a
deal breaker, then I recommend that.

BTW, In the benchmarks I've run, the Ruby I built with VC++ 8 was
approximately 10% faster than one built with VC++ 6.

Regards,

Dan