2007/8/18, Elliot Temple <curi / curi.us>:
> The top link on del.icio.us is a site with all the Calvin + Hobbes
> strips. I thought I'd download them before they get taken down. Here's
> the code if you want, it's very short. Newer people can also see how
> easy it is to use open-uri for simple web scraping.

Hi Elliot, thanks for the script. Not considering ethics about using
it, sure it is an interesting script. I thought about doing a simpler
version using Hpricot or scRUBYt, but right now your script is always
saying "failed to get...".

Is it me or maybe they have taken measures to avoid direct downloading?

--
Jaime Iniesta
http://jaimeiniesta.com - http://railes.net - http://freelancegirona.com