On Aug 18, 2007, at 7:40 PM, Jos Backus wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that
> swiftiply_mongrel_rails run
> all these Mongrels (who themselves use threads) in threads instead
> of forking?
>
> If Mongrel doesn't fork, how does this give me multiple independent
> Mongrel
> instances? If this Mongrel executes a blocking db call, won't this
> block the
> whole process and prevent other threads from executing? I thought
> the idea was
> to fork multiple Mongrels so that each can execute blocking calls
> without
> affecting other requests being served by other Mongrels.
>
> Can you elaborate please?

i was just wondering if it might work - i've been suprised both by
the the things that work, and also the things that do not work,
within ruby threads - i'd guess that it would not work but was
brainstorming out loud.

back to your regularly scheduled programming...

;-)

a @ http://drawohara.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama