Can anybody tell me how to execute a command (e.g., beep) implemented
in /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/StandardAdditions.osax from a
Ruby script using the appscript library? What I thought might work was

<code>
#! /usr/bin/env ruby -w

require "appscript"
include Appscript

std_adds =
    app('/System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/StandardAdditions.osax')
std_adds.beep(3)
</code>

but it produced the following

<result>
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/_aem/mactypes.rb:92: warning: method
redefined; discarding old desc
AE::MacOSError: #<AE::MacOSError -10827>

method launch_application in connect.rb at line 76
method local_app          in connect.rb at line 76
method by_path            in aem.rb at line 116
method send               in appscript.rb at line 47
method connect            in appscript.rb at line 47
method reference_by_name  in appscript.rb at line 82
method method_missing     in appscript.rb at line 522
at top level              in untitled document at line 8

Program exited.
</result>

Regards, Morton