Hi Everybody,

Thank you for your help. To keep things dry, my main method uses one of
a number of methods, depending on the value of an argument. A hash is
used as a selector to choose the right child method.

The child methods need some data, I wanted to see how they could gain
access to the locals of the calling method, ie, the main method.

I appreciate the posts; I'll continue to pass the arguments, which is
working fine.

Btw, I find it a bit lacking that the syntax checker allows me to
declare a method inside another method since such things don't exist.
(Per Olivier's helpful post.)

Regards,

Larry