Ambrose Jeyaprabhuj wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am about to develope a web application which will have many hits per
> sec.
>
> Decided to use linux , ruby , ajax and DB2 express edtion .

I'm not familiar with DB2 Express Edition and whether or not it works
with Rails, but so far you're talking the Rails language.

> I need to implement a distributed environment which is scalable i. SOA
> based .
>
> Is my choice for RUBY correct i..e can i develope services in ruby ?

Absolutely! Head over to the Rails list!

> what webserver can i use ?

The webserver of choice for Ruby/Rails apps is probably Mongrel.

> Take into consideration i am new to ruby . I am a .net developer but
> wanted to imnplement my web in open source s/w .

Have you looked at "mono"? It's an open source set of ".Net" tools.