Hello,
In message "Won't WIN32OLE_EVENT.new leak?"
    on 07/08/16, "nikolai.weibull / gmail.com" <nikolai.weibull / gmail.com> writes:

> Won't WIN32OLE_EVENT.new leak?  A WIN32OLE object will sooner or later
> be freed (right?), when garbage collection kicks in.  But a
> WIN32OLE_EVENT object will never be freed, as it is kept in a global
> array and is never removed from that array.

WIN32OLE_EVENT object is freed when ruby process terminated.
And while ruby process running WIN32OLE_EVENT object is not freed.

Because WIN32OLE_EVENT object should not be freed until
WIN32OLE object is freed.
If WIN32OLE_EVENT object is freed before WIN32OLE object is freed,
then ruby is segmentation fault.
To avoid this segmentation fault, WIN32OLE_EVENT object is added
in a global array and should not be freed.
I think this solution is not so good, but I have not found
the best (or better) solution.

  Regards,
  Masaki Suketa