Hi,
I am writing a code for user authentication from ldapserver in ruby.
For that first i am doing  an anonymous search on bluepages
    ldap_con = Net::LDAP.new
    ldap_con.host = 'X.Y.com'
    ldap_con.port = 389
    treebase = "ou=X,o=Y.com"
    user_filter = Net::LDAP::Filter.eq("notesShortName",username)
    dn = String.new
    @res = ldap_con.search( :base => treebase, :filter =>
    user_filter) do |entry|
    dn = entry.dn

then getting "dn" and after that doing authentication with passwd and
dn.

    unless dn.empty?
    ldap_con.auth dn,password
    if ldap_con.bind
      login_succeeded = true
But I am getting strange results. Some times the ldap search was
successful some times not. Then i tried with putting the ldap search
in a for loop and tried also to get the return code so I found like

#<OpenStruct code=50, message="Insufficient Access Rights">
#<OpenStruct code=50, message="Insufficient Access Rights">
#<OpenStruct code=0, message="Success">

I dont know why it is happening for same search( same parameters)

Can you help me in this( why the search is not successful in first
iteration) ?
I also wants to tell you few Things
1- First of all i was testing(doing anonymous ldap search) with
A.Y.com and there was no problem with
   this server at all or i can say 100% results i got if  intranetid/
passwd were correct.
2- I tried on command line ( "cmd" on windows ) with this
   ldapsearch -h A.Y.com -b o=Y.com emailaddress=abc / B.Y.com
   ldapsearch -h X.Y.com -b o=Y.com emailaddress= abc / B.Y.com
both were giving me 100 % results.
3- Then with the help of a ldap person in pune i tried with a ldap
server here and there also i did not got any problem.

Problem is there only with bluepages and how it can possible that for
anonymous search it gives
#<OpenStruct code=50, message="Insufficient Access Rights">
#<OpenStruct code=50, message="Insufficient Access Rights">
#<OpenStruct code=0, message="Success">

Previously i was  suspecting timeout but from the above lines it is
clear that it is access permission related issue.
Please help me in resolving this issue.

One thing i forgot that the problem is only with ldapsearch, if we get
correct "dn" there is no issues i faced in
authentication means 100 % successful.

Is it possible if i can see the logs on bluepages, that what is
happening with my anonymous search on bluepages.

Or do you have any idea about it?