Hi,

Am Freitag, 17. Aug 2007, 09:44:58 +0900 schrieb William James:
> James Edward Gray II wrote:
> > On Aug 16, 2007, at 2:35 PM, William James wrote:
> >
> > > This is the best I've come up with so far.  It should handle any CSV
> > > record
> > > (i.e., fields may contain commas, double quotes, and newlines).
> >
> > You are pretty much rewriting FasterCSV here.  Why do that when we
> > could just use it instead?
>
> That is a dishonest comment.

Coding is a kind of sports to me. Besides that it is not my
decision what you do with your time.

I often recode things that are already written and
well-proofed. Sometimes my code is better, sometimes I learn
from comparing it. Sometimes it brings just new ideas to me.

So go on and do what you like; I think that's still the main
purpose of open source. Though it might not have been an
actually valuable contribution to this list I had fun
reading your solution.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf