igraph version 0.3 has been released!

   http://igraph.rubyforge.org/

IGraph is a Ruby extension for interfacing with the C igraph library
(http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/). igraph is a library for
creating and manipulating graphs with a particular emphasis on
network analysis functions. Note this is 'graphs' as in nodes and
edges, not 'graphs' as in pretty pictures or charts!

Since the underlying graph code is in C, this library is a lot faster
than native Ruby implementations (10-100x on most tasks by my
unscientific benchmarks). About 40% of the igraph library is wrapped
at the moment, but most of the hard work is done, so the remaining
functions just need to be gone through and wrapped mechanically.

The graph creation and manipulation functions are complete, as are
all of the basic querying functions and about half of the more
advanced queries including an implementation of Google PageRank.
There are also some graph layout functions and graph read/write
capabilities implemented (GraphML and Pajek are supported).

Please email me with bug reports and patches. I still expect to find
a lot of bugs in this, particularly in the file support.

Install with gems (you must have the igraph shared library installed
already). My Ubuntu system required the location of the header files
to be specified.

gem install igraph -- --with-igraph-include=/usr/local/include/igraph

Your mileage may vary.

Changes:

= 0.3 2007-08-16

* Over-hauled attribute code