> Some awesome suggestions here, but I think it's a bit more complex
> considering how times vary from location to location.

But you have the timezone for each location, right? If you use the
DateTime
class for calculating times, you can convert between time zones using
the
new_offset method, if you know the offset of the respective time zone to
UTC.

If you only know the *name* of the time zone, there is a hack on how
to do it using the Time class, described in the "Ruby Cookbook" (which I

would recommend buying anyway). This hack works if your operating system

honours the TZ environment variable. You switch temporarily to this zone

(by changing TZ), get the local time there, and switch back to your own
zone. You then have the time diff to your zone, and you can always get
the time UTC time by calling Time#gmtime.

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer / venyon.com>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162