thanks, but since the time is only going to be used for arithmetic
parsing it for additional information isn't helpful, and the roll-over
will be problematic.

(23:54:45) - (00:03:45) != 00:09:00

as for the use of the data, basically, at this stage, I'm working on
formatting aimlogs into "bookish" dialogue, with an eventual goal of
utilizing lulu.com's API to generate books behind my back. :D maybe
thinking about making a gaim plugin if it turns out, with many more
ideas for what else I could do, but not nearly the ruby rigors I need
to actualize them (yet!!) :P