Phrogz wrote:

> I'm quite disturbed that (last time I checked) http://www.ruby-doc.org/core
> includes classes modules and methods from stdlib. Clearly that
> shouldn't be the case (right), and is related to this.

Quite true.  Every so often people write to me to complain/inquire about
that; I don't have a good response other than, "That's how RDoc was
written."  And I don't know of a good, automated solution to fixing that
on ruby-doc so that the generated docs make more sense.

I've wondered if custom .document files might help, but have not found
time to experiment.

Another question I get is, "Why are there two places to look for API
docs, instead of a single RDoc path where each class or lib page simply
tells you what you need to use it?"

Ruby Central has in the past offered funding to people or groups for
writing this or that cool or interesting code.  I'd like to see that $$
offered to people (i.e. Ryan Davis et al) to fix RDoc and ri.

It's a non-trivial task but well worth community funding.

--
James Britt

www.risingtidesoftware.com   - Wicked Cool Coding