On 8/14/07, unbewust <yvon.thoraval / gmail.com> wrote:

> 777 instead of 0777  when the user wants to read the perms,, then my
> question how to return within a C est to Ruby an integer coded in
> octal ???
>
> thought, at that time i'm usinbg INT2FIX (  )

Ruby displays integers in base 10 format. I do not believe there is a
way to get it to display 511 in octal (0777) without using sprintf as
Eric Hodel mentioned in his reply.

However, if you just want to return from a C function and have the
number look pretty in your C source code, then this will work:

return INT2FIX( 0777 );

But I am not sure if that is what you mean?

Blessings,
TwP