On Aug 13, 10:14 pm, Ruby Rookie <patrick.hoogend... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started with SOAP and Ruby and after one day trying to get it
> working I'am now stuck at getting the response into useable variables
> i.e. accessing the SOAP::Mapping::Object.
> I used soap4r and wdsl2ruby for generating the client code
>
> The bare SOAP XML result is:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> <soap:Body><FetchKnownUnitsResponse xmlns="http://support.somehost.com:
> 2332/">
> <FetchKnownUnitsResult>
> <Units xmlns="">
> <Unit>
> <Id>EF000000AC023F28</Id><LastConnect>2007-07-24 19:08:58</
> LastConnect>
> <LastClear>2007-07-23 10:34:48</LastClear>
> <LastDisconnect>2007-07-24 15:51:34</LastDisconnect>
> <LastRTCValue>2007-07-24 20:31:31</LastRTCValue>
> <LastLogStart>2007-07-23 10:05:14</LastLogStart>
> <LastLocalTime>2007-07-24 19:09:03</LastLocalTime>
> <LastRecordCount>27</LastRecordCount>
> <LastVersion>0</LastVersion>
> <LastRevision>23</LastRevision>
> <LastErrorStatus>0</LastErrorStatus>
> </Unit>
> </Units>
> </FetchKnownUnitsResult>
> </FetchKnownUnitsResponse>
> </soap:Body>
> </soap:Envelope>
>
> In ruby
> --- begin ruby code ------
> #!/usr/bin/env ruby -d
> # issue the command to the server
> endpoint_url = ARGV.shift
> obj = DefaultSoap.new(endpoint_url)
>
> # run ruby with -d to see SOAP wiredumps.
> obj.wiredump_dev = STDERR if $DEBUG
> #
> SoapResponse =  obj.fetchKnownUnits(:username => 'Me', :challenge =>
> 'Secret')
>
> pp SoapResponse
>
> ----- end ruby code ----
>
> The result on screen is:
>
> #<FetchKnownUnitsResponse:0x102389c
>  @fetchKnownUnitsResult=
>   #<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x8119ce {}Units=#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:
> 0x81191a {}Unit=#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x811802
> {}Id="EF000000AC023F28" {}LastConnect="2007-07-24
> 19:08:58" {}LastClear="2007-07-23
> 10:34:48" {}LastDisconnect="2007-07-24
> 15:51:34" {}LastRTCValue="2007-07-24
> 20:31:31" {}LastLogStart="2007-07-23
> 10:05:14" {}LastLocalTime="2007-07-24
> 19:09:03" {}LastRecordCount="27" {}LastVersion="0" {}LastRevision="23" {}LastErrorStatus="0">>>>
>
> Can someone please give the code to capture the value foe the unit Id
> into a variable.
>
> I expected it to be something like:
> my_unit_id = SoapResponse['fetchKnownUnitsResult']['Units'][0]['Id']
>
> Thanx
>
> Patrick

You should send your question to http://groups.google.com/group/soap4r