Hi list,

I'm new to ruby ( using 1.6.5 ) and comming from c++. The language is really great
and easy to learn. But there are some things that would be fine
if they were implemented:

Is there a certain reason why the ++operator is not implemented ?
In c/c++: a=5; a++;
In ruby: a=5; a+=1

An other really usefull object is hash ( map in c++ stl )
In c++ maps are sorted, in ruby there is a sort function, but it
returns an array. I thought that c++ uses sorted maps for speedup
reasons, so there must be an other reason why ruby doesn't sort them ?

I checked the mail archive but couldn't find an answer, sorry if this has been
discussed before.

thank you,
Willi