> Again, please submit to the debian package maintainers. But frankly, I
> find mixing gems and debs to be highly unwise at best. I recommend
> sticking with one or the other, and my own choice is to use gems and

Yep.  I am putting together a submission to the package folks, but I want
to validate my findings first - really well.  Since I have replicated the
errors on three different machines I am pretty sure of the bug(s), but I
will have a friend try to poke holes in my theories tonight.

What bothers me is that I can get the same errors on a Sarge being fed
from a local mirror that is almost 8 months old.  So why am I the first
one to catch the so-called errors in all that time?  That is the item that
keeps making me think that I am screwing up somewhere.

EVMan