Hi,

Am Montag, 13. Aug 2007, 15:15:54 +0900 schrieb Stephan Kš╬per:
> Am 13.08.2007 um 08:04 schrieb Bertram Scharpf:
>
> Well, here's something that should be a little bit less cycle intensive
> (depending on how String#[](arg) is implemented):
>
> class String
>    def last
>     self[-1].chr
>   end
> end

This is what I would have implemented, too.

The difficult point is that it raises some questions:

  - Should it return a Fixnum or a String of lenght 1?
  - Should it be able to return UTF-8 characters?
  - Should I define String#shift and String#pop now?

I don't recommend to discuss such question in an open forum
since I saw what happened to my String#notempty? proposal.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany