On Aug 6, 8:17 pm, Kenneth McDonald <kenneth.m.mcdon... / sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> There are, of course, a plethora of choices for doing graphing in Ruby
> and for JRuby, in Java. I'd be grateful for opinions on the "best" ones,
> and why people think they are the best.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

I really like gnuplot. It's not particularly tight integration, with
the bindings usually
connecting via a pipe, but gnuplot itself is very mature; generates
clean plots
with lots of options to get it looking just right. Finally, it has a
multitude of output formats
including SVG - which is nice if you have needs for post-plot
beatutification, or other
enhancement.

- alan