Olivier Renaud wrote:
> Le dimanche 12 ao 2007 11:53, Sebastian Hungerecker a rit
>> Trans wrote:

>>> * How does it deal with a systems that have more than one browser
>>> installed? Which browser does it choose?
>> According to the documentation on the homepage:
>> APP_LIST = { :windows => %w[ firefox iexplore ], :darwin => %w[ open ],
>>              :nix => %w[ firefox ], :unknown => [], }
[...]
> So, it won't work on my computer, since I run linux without firefox installed.
> Under Windows, there is a default browser that can be set by the user, it
> would be great to use this one, though I don't know how to get it. Maybe from
> the registry ?

No need.  Windows has had an equivalent to MacOS's 'open' since
Windows 95, I believe:

	url = 'http://Ruby-Lang.Org/'
	`start #{url}`

'start' will launch whatever application is registered to handle the
filetype (if the parameter is a file) or protocol (if the parameter is
a URI) in question -- in my case Opera.

So, just setting

	Launchy::Spawnable::Browser::APP_LIST[:windows] = ['start']

*should* work, but, unfortunately, Launchy doesn't work for me at all,
so I can neither confirm nor deny that.

jwm